Who We Are
BiharConnect is an independent not-for-profit organisation dedicated to lead and aid policy thinking towards building a strong, prosperous, fair and equitable Bihar. As a think tank the focus of BiharConnect is on addressing the major socio-economic issues such as sustainable development and the needs of the poor.
We engage with diverse stakeholders including policymakers, bureaucrats, academia, business community, professionals, media and the general public, and strive to promote political accountability and open debate.
BiharConnect unites at the grassroots level, people and organisations from diverse backgrounds to engage with stakeholders through exchanges of ideas, outreach study, research, impact-assessment, publications and conferences.
BiharConnect conducts research and education in a number of social sciences, including economics, poverty, development, public policy and governance.
BiharConnect has been set up with the motto ‘Prosperous Bihar for Prosperous India’. Our mission is to reorient national discourse on Bihar by bringing development to the fore. We strive to lead and aid policy thinking towards building a strong, prosperous, fair and equitable Bihar.
What We Do
• We provide non-political independent platform for exchange of ideas and deliberation on key socio-economic issues by engaging the government, business community, academia, professionals, think-tanks, practitioners, media and the general public.
• We publish in-depth reports based on our grassroots level interventions and research.
• The ideas exchanged at our platforms form the basis for our interventions and reports.
• Our initiatives ensure greater public participation and policy action.
• We create a repository of ideas, data and sectoral research to catalyse growth and development of Bihar.
• We engage with entrepreneurs and professionals through research and assessments.
• We promote entrepreneurship and investment in key thrust areas impacting positive socio-economic changes in the state.
• We promote progressive and open debate and strive for political accountability
Gyanendra Kumar Keshri
CEO & Editor
Dr Praveen K Singh
Atul K Thakur
Advisor - Public Policy
Director - Technology